Friday, November 30, 2018

Cancer update 11/30/18


Well, today marked 6 weeks down and 2 weeks (10 treatments) to go!! The end is in sight, and I have to say that I’m looking forward to getting off this merry-go-round. They have begun to concentrate solely on the prostate.

I’m still experiencing the same problems; occasional runs and being extremely tired. I slept 9 hours last night and fell asleep in the recliner today for over an hour. Even so, I’m yawning up a storm as I write this. I think that is the thing that bothers me the most. I just have no motivation, am super tired constantly and still am feeling rather weak. All these things add up to my being unable to do my part-time job, wreaking havoc with our funds.

We got our first bill from the cancer center and paid it. Having done so we have decided to have a family treasure hunt of our attic tomorrow afternoon, hopefully finding some items that we can turn into cash to replenish the old bank account.

It will be a family thing because they know that if they don’t help, their huge inheritance will end up being enough to grab a burger and fries…..MAYBE!!! I’m kidding of course, but it does need to be done. Linda said she’s been wanting to do this anyway because neither of us remembers any more what the HECK is up there. I’m positive that there are remnants of my childhood and other items from then until now that we put up there for ‘safekeeping’ or to make room for the new stuff that we bought along the way.

So, anyway, if you don’t hear from me for awhile it’s because we found a missing Rembrandt or Gaugin or other priceless art treasure and have moved to some exotic location! It might be Las Vegas, or New York, or maybe the huge metropolis of Denton, Nebraska.

Keep a good thought for us; we appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment