Monday, September 10, 2018

Cancer update


It’s been a busy couple of weeks, so I haven’t updated everyone on my prostate cancer. So, here we go!

I had to cancel my trip to Omaha to see Dr. Tepley as I came down with an upper respiratory deal. I did manage to finish out the season at Eagle Raceway with 4 nights last week and this past Sunday, so that is off of my plate.

Where do we go from here? Well, next Monday I go see my urologist to get the shot to kill my testosterone which will hopefully help slow the spread of the cancer.

Then, the next day I go to Saint Elizabeth’s hospital to have gold markers implanted so that the radiation oncologist has a clear target of where to apply the radiation. That radiation will begin on approximately October 11th. Then that will continue for around 8 weeks, going in daily.

On a side note, when I went in for my usual visit with my regular doctor, he found a suspicious mole on my head. So, I go to see a surgeon tomorrow about getting it removed.

One thing I will say is that getting old ain’t for the weak!!

No comments:

Post a Comment